Sunday, March 15, 2015

Getting the Early Start

Already on the spring break schedule, waking up at 8am today was not ideal for me. However, the simple thought of participating in an alternative break experience as well as doing something productive during my spring break motivated me throughout the day, and will continue to motivate me throughout the week. We arrived at our lodging around 10:30am, and from there, we were introduced to the house manager and some house rules. The highlight of the day came when the whole team began our bonding with games ranging from small icebreakers to some competitive rounds of Chinese Mafia. We were able to get comfortable with one another very quickly and I believe this will allow us to have some heart to hearts. In the afternoon, we watched a documentary on human trafficking, and personally, this allowed me to mentally prepare for the week ahead. The night ended with reflection and I know the team is looking forward to the week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment