Tuesday, March 17, 2015

This week has been so crazy, but I am loving every minute of it! Some of my favorite memories from Tuesday were eating lunch on the mall with the team and going to Courtney's House to serve dinner. We prepared lasagna, salad and macaroni and cheese for the women there and I had an excellent conversation with Mandy and this woman about her experiences and about human trafficking in general. I loved my time there and we have really bonded with the Chef! Her name is Barbara and she will be competing in a cooking competition in April, so we will all make sure we send her good vibes!

Wednesday we went to Courtney's house to clean and learn about their services. I was surprised at how small the house was, and that they only had 6 women on staff, but they are doing really amazing things for children who have been trafficked into "the life". Ben, Caroline and I spent most of the day cleaning the kitchen, which turned out to be more of a challenge than we initially anticipated. However, we killed it in there and the staff was super impressed. 

This is a video of us hanging out on the mall! What happens when 16 people are forced to live in a house, do service and educated the community together? This is the Real World DC, UMD AB style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment